The Philippines’ construction industry is emerging to be one of the most profitable and flourishing industries in the country today. With the current government’s pursuit of improving local infrastructure and the steady development of the country’s real estate industry, the Philippines’ construction industry is thriving, and many individuals are hopeful about entering and achieving success in this field.
Pursuing a college degree is essential in ensuring one’s success in construction. Courses like mechanical engineering open doors for aspiring individuals who hope to gain sufficient knowledge about the latest innovations and advancements in construction. In this article, we will enumerate some of the best educational institutions that offer mechanical engineering courses for hopeful individuals who want to enter the field of construction and specialize in construction technology.
The Top Performing Philippine Universities In The 2023 Mechanical Engineering Licensure Examination
There are numerous educational institutions in the Philippines that offer mechanical engineering courses. Finding the right university is essential to make sure that you will only be enrolling in excellent programs taught by institutions that work with instructions that are not only credible but produce a high number of mechanical engineering board passers. Below are some of the top-performing educational institutions in mechanical engineering in the Philippines.
Mindanao State University – Iligan Institute of Technology
Image from Wikipedia
Established on July 12, 1968, the Mindanao State University – Iligan Institute of Technology (also known as Iligan Tech or MSU-IIT) is one of the best universities in the Philippines that offer mechanical engineering. In the mechanical engineering licensure exam results released last February 2023, the MSU-IIT achieved a passing rate of 100%.
Image from Archives | Mindanao State University – Iligan Institute of Technology
According to EduRank.org, MSU-IIT is ranked as the 1,947th university in Asia, and 4,523rd out of 14,131 universities in the world. MSU-IIT has an acceptance rate of 40%.
Image from mapua.edu.ph
One of the most prominent Philippine universities for engineering, Mapua University, consistently produces a high number of passing rates in the mechanical engineering licensure examination. In the mechanical engineering licensure exam results released last February 2023, 81 students out of the 125 takers from Mapua University passed the exam, resulting in 64.80% passing rate. In 2016, 2018, 2019, and 2020, the passing rate was above 80%. The school also achieved a 100% mechanical engineering licensure examination passing rate in 2017.
Image from Bukas
According to EduRank.org, Mapua University is ranked 1,555th in Asia and 4,474th out of 14,131 universities in the world. Mapua University has an acceptance rate of 78%.
Batangas State University – Alangilan
Image from Facebook
Another Philippine university with a remarkable performance in producing a high number of mechanical engineering board passers, the Batangas State University – Alangilan, also known as BatStateU Alangilan, offers a dynamic mechanical engineering course design with mechanical design, energy conversion, and modern innovations in combustion technology to name a few.
Image from Bulacan State University
According to EduRank.org, BatStateU Alangilan ranks 2,897th in Asia, and 7,448th out of 14,131 universities in the world. BatStateU Alangilan has an acceptance rate of 77%.
University of The Philippines – Diliman
Image from Wikipedia
Founder in 1908, the University of the Philippines – Diliman has its own dedicated department for mechanical engineering. Also known as UPD, the university is acknowledged as one of the top educational institutions in the country for mechanical engineering studies. UPD mechanical engineering course offers programs to train hopeful mechanical engineers in thermal sciences, metrology, turbomachinery, and HVACR (Heating Ventilation, Air Conditioning, And Refrigeration) to name a few.
Image from University Of The Philippines
According to EduRank.org, the University of the Philippines – Diliman is ranked as the number 1 university in the country, 749th in Asia, and 1,896th in the world. UPD has an acceptance rate of 20%.
Mechanical Engineering Courses In The Philippines
For many individuals, choosing the right educational institution for a mechanical engineering degree is a crucial step toward achieving a successful and fulfilling career. Faculty, university credibility, and even the specifics of a course program are all important factors to consider when scouting for a university. By carefully considering all the important details, aspiring engineers can make an informed decision that will significantly affect the course of their careers.
- Candymag.com. (2020, December 13). Top Performing Schools for Mechanical Engineering in the Philippines. Candymag.com. Retrieved August 24, 2023, from https://www.candymag.com/features/top-performing-schools-for-mechanical-engineering-a108-20201213
- EduRank. (n.d.). Best Mechanical Engineering universities in the Philippines [Rankings]. EduRank. Retrieved August 24, 2023, from https://edurank.org/engineering/mechanical/ph/
- EduRank.org. (n.d.). EduRank.org – Rankings of 14131 universities in 183 countries. Retrieved August 24, 2023, from https://edurank.org/
- Gomez, N. (2023, March 2). TOP SCHOOLS: February 2023 Mechanical Engineering and Certified Plant Mechanics Licensure Exam, Performance of Schools. Facts Philippines. Retrieved August 24, 2023, from https://facts.com.ph/top-schools-february-2023-mechanical-engineering-and-certified-plant-mechanics-licensure-exam-performance-of-schools/nathan-gomez/
- https://batstate-u.edu.ph/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/Bachelor-of-Science-in-Mechanical-Engineering-BSME.pdf. (n.d.). CURRICULUM. CURRICULUM. Retrieved August 24, 2023, from https://batstate-u.edu.ph/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/Bachelor-of-Science-in-Mechanical-Engineering-BSME.pdf
- Salonga, R. (2023, May 10). The Top Industries in the Philippines. Science Park of the Philippines. Retrieved August 24, 2023, from https://sciencepark.com.ph/blog/top-industries-in-the-philippines/
- UP Diliman College of Social Work and Community Development -. (n.d.). UP Diliman College of Social Work and Community Development -. Retrieved August 24, 2023, from https://mech.engg.upd.edu.ph/
- Wikipedia. (n.d.). Mapúa University. Wikipedia. Retrieved August 24, 2023, from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Map%C3%BAa_University
- Wikipedia. (n.d.). Mindanao State University–Iligan Institute of Technology. Wikipedia. Retrieved August 24, 2023, from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mindanao_State_University%E2%80%93Iligan_Institute_of_Technology